So it seems I've beat my previous score...


I have managed to go nearly two years since my last blog post and I know I have been busy but wow, two years busy!! To be honest I am clueless as to where 2019 went and how my son will soon be turning 7!!

A lot has happened in the past two years! I still adore my job and my team and have progressed my career there, I have grown as a person and individual massively, both in my personal and professional life. I am certainly not the person who sat and wrote my last post in 2018!

We have finally bought an apartment in Malmö, which I have really enjoyed taking the time to put our stamp on and after nearly 2 years I can say it is near complete, but I will never admit it is fully complete as that would mean I don't want to change or add anything.

My gorgeous son has started school, he amazes me every day with his perfect bilingualness, love and affection for everyone and pure golden heart! My husband has a fantastic new job back in the gaming industry, he has also grown a lot over the past year, he looks the best he has ever looked (since i met him anyway) and we are still as good and as solid as always, if not more.

So my fitness where am I?
Considering my last post was me saying it was time to sort it all out and get back to Laura 2014, I am currently sat here as her! However as a better version!
What does that mean exactly? Well this time I have done it differently and at the same weight as I was in 2014 I look more curvy and strong then I did last time I was at my lowest weight!

Working out with my husband this summer

What's different? - My training and nutrition.
I still eat low carb but I include oats for fibre and energy. I work out on average 5 times a week (sometimes it is more 4 or 6 times) and the biggest change, is I have a Personal Trainer. I have had a personal trainer for just over a year now. At first I trained with Nima to get me back into training, getting my mobility better and getting back to basics. Then I moved to Erdal in September 2019 and he and I just match!! Since then I have progressed rapidly, believed in myself and slowly pushed myself to my limits and passed them! I am super excited for where we go in 2020!

Working out with Erdal and my team from Topp

So what has my journey been exactly? - Here's a short recap:

1st July 2013 - Heaviest weight! See picture with the pram & decide to fix this!
January 2014 - I was down 20kg (44lbs)
July 2014 - 1 year in and 34kg (75lbs) down
August 2014 - ruptured hip, unable to work out
July 2015 - still 34kg (75lbs) down. Not working out or losing
July 2016 - 9kg (20lbs) up, back to 25kg (55lbs) down and trying to bounce back
July 2017 - 16kg (35lbs) up, back to only 18kg (40lbs) down, blaming work/life balance
March 2018 - another 9kg (20lbs) up, only 9kg (20lbs) down, nearly back to where I started!
April 2018 - start to focus on working out and losing weight again, after shock of where I am
July 2018 - 5kg (10lbs) lost, adding to 13kg (30lbs) in total from heaviest weight
October 2018 - time to sort this yoyo-ing out and started with my PT - 23kg (50lbs) down
July 2019 - 5 years on from trying to sort myself out - 27kg (60lbs) down
September 2019 - new PT - plateauing - still 27kg (60lbs) down
December 2019 - back to lowest ever - 36kg (80lbs) down

And where am I now in the New Year? Well of course Christmas and New Year took their toll and I also did not workout as much as I wanted to, so currently Jan 2020 - 33kg (73lbs) down - 3kg of holiday weight to get rid of!!!

Me at the beginning of my journey vs me now!

But will I finally hit my 100lbs lost goal in 2020?? I will!! 27lbs to go!!!

And I will remember to blog along the way, I promise :)...


Comments