Did 2022 even exist...

So it appears my blog is only written once/twice a year at most! As it was December 2021 that I last wrote! And to be honest, are blogs still a thing? To be honest I don't really know or care because this is like free therapy for me, to sit here and write up my thoughts and feelings after a year which I would rather not of existed!! 

And I can't even sum up what I have done with my year so far as it has been non-eventful and the same day in and day out! Don't get me wrong we have managed to have some highs but I feel like I have coasted through 2022 taking a couple of ups and climbing up from the many downs! While having a continual feeling of no lust for life! 

My lifestyle change seemed to crash and burn this year with that want and need to exercise and eat right continually failing and making us what to quit numerous times. We've had injuries, gym closures, covid of course, the list seems to be endless and every time we say this is it, it's back on the healthy train, something derails us to a point we are beyond trying! The curse of the covid weight has certainly affected us all and I am further and further away from my goals. Which hurts when I was so close to achieving them! 

The year started off with a postponed trip to Disneyland Paris, which we finally got to go to in February. A couple of rocky birthdays, missed family celebrations, and long covid which really took Kunal and I out, at separate times and I think is still affecting us today.

We did manage to do The Toughest Family race in May and a couple of other races. Despite not training for went pretty well and I enjoyed it so much, except when I thought we were all going to suffocate in the mud pit, as I saw Aadi sinking down and down! 


I think without work and work events it really would have been a weird, quiet, lonely year so far! Working from home some of the days hasn't really helped with our motivation as we have just worked, switched off, had dinner and gone to bed! It feels like we have lost days and days to nothing...

A 2 day digital conference I project managed at work

But despite 2022 feeling like a right off. We have had some fun times and it certainly isn't over yet!! Disneyland Paris was one of the best experiences I've ever had, I finally got to hug my Mum and Dad after 4 years of not seeing them in real life and it was even nicer that it was here in Malmö, where they could relax, see our new apartment and be with Aadi. 

Now we have 4 months left of 2022 with a massive 2023 coming our way and I am going to try and gain some of this year back in those 4 months. Get back on track with my goals, get losing weight and feel good about myself. Find out what Laura wants in life and plan on how to get it and above all have some bloody fun with my boys!! 


2023 I am coming for you and considering it is the year Kunal and I both turn 40 and Aadi 10!! It is going to be a BIG ONE!!! 


Comments