Big News...

Wow how our lives are changing since we moved here, I know my blogs are very positive at the moment and some people will be reading them thinking come on you can't be enjoying it that much but our lives are so much better since we moved here that yeah we are really positive all the time...

Don't get me wrong if I wake up in a homesick mood or something reminds me of home or not having a horse any more etc I do have my wobbles but they really do not last to long as I have a good talk to myself, look out the window and see where I live.

Anyway back to how our lives are changing yet again and for the better, our Big News...

I'm PREGNANT!!!
We didn't believe the first result :)
Anyone who knows me knows how amazing and awesome this news is for those who don't I really am having a Swedish miracle.
About 6 years ago my husband and I decided I best get my fertility checked after discussing how I had never got pregnant after 2 years of unprotected sex. We both had tests done and I was told I had PCOS and would never have children, now luckily I worked at the hospital at the time and when my boss heard what I had been told she got the head of Gynecology to look over my results and see if this was in fact true.
The head doctor came back to me and apologized for the incorrect diagnosis my inexperienced doctor had given me, yes I had PCOS and yes it would be difficult to conceive but it was not impossible.
 I was advised to lose weight, keep stress to a minimum and to make several life style changes.

As the years went on and a miscarriage I tried to forget about trying for a baby and concentrated on our wedding instead. After the wedding 4 years ago it began to niggle me again that it had still not happened and I thought I was trying as hard as I could to make it easier.
2 years ago I had another very early miscarriage and it devastated the both of us, we just wanted to give up and to be honest I think we actually did. My family were very supportive and made me realize that even though things hadn't worked out I had actually managed to get pregnant. Hubby and I never really spoke about having a baby after that and it took awhile for us to get back to being the great couple we are.

Then Sweden came calling and with the miscarriage, my husband losing his job, me losing my job, it was the perfect way to start again and leave all the crap behind and from my previous blogs you can see that we really did make the best decision ever.

12 months down the line we are both working, both lost weight (my husband is half the man he was), we're so happy, we're healthier, we are so in love with each other and so happy and the result a positive pregnancy test...
Being told in Swedish made it even more special
I was three months pregnant before we even realized and thought about taking a test. I had been very tired and nauseous but just thought I was getting used to working again and doing overtime, I never thought anything of it. Then one day we went shopping and my hubby looked at me and said "you don't look so good" I had gone white as a sheet, I felt faint, nauseous and needed fresh air. It was then when I thought you know what you could be pregnant. We went straight to the chemist and bought a test, the next morning I woke up and took the test then woke hubby so we could read the result together. It was positive and we were over the moon but also not believing it, so we went and bought another one that said it digitally so we knew it wasn't us reading it wrong :) Next morning I woke up took the test and in Swedish it told us I was pregnant. We still didn't believe it but knew it was right and just loved every minute of knowing a little secret no one else knew.


That week I booked in at Emma Ultraljudsklinik as I could not wait until 18 weeks to find out if there really was a baby in there or not. We went and saw our little miracle on the screen and found out I was 3 months gone. We could not wait to tell family and close friends and it was an amazing feeling to see how happy our news made everyone else.
Soon everyone knew with us telling work and then taking to the wonderful social networks :)

Our Swedish Miracle
I am now in my fourth month and even though I have lost the nausea, morning sickness etc. I am suffering from exhaustion, crazy stressful hormones and constantly wanting to sleep. All my bloods levels have been checked and are ok so the doctor has put it to my body trying to get used to what it is going through. I am feeling a lot better now then I was and hopefully I will get my energy back soon and that healthy pregnancy glow everyone talks about :)

Comments

  1. Well as promised I spent the weekend reading your blog! I am so glad that things are working out for you now, it is wonderful. Also made me think that I should get back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and for your kind words. So glad I have inspired you to get blogging again, I find it so therapeutic :) xx

      Delete
  2. I am so, so, so happy for you!! Congrats, Laura!! What amazing news. Big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you hun so much :) Sweden is my miracle cure for everything :) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment