The Blame Game...

I've been thinking a lot recently about how I have managed to lose nearly two years in my journey. Luckily I haven't put much weight back on (about 20lbs) but I feel physically and mentally I am no where near where I was this time 2 years ago!
Me 3 years ago- first time out running in the woods and running 20 mins straight

When I look back at the reasons why things slowed down and also how I managed to put some weight back on I get a long list:

- My hip popping!
- My rehab from when my hip popped!
- Going to America
- Getting used to working from home
- A new job
- Getting used to working full time again
- Getting used to working full time and being a mamma
- Wanting to eat out for lunch to get to know my new team
- Stress
- Too Busy
- Wanting to eat out because we've moved studios and want to see the places around us
- Summer
- Winter
- Christmas, Birthdays, Celebrations
- Vacation
- Etc, Etc, Etc.....
Me 2 years ago - out running with my son, pushing his pram so I didn't miss a day 

To be honest when I look back at all of my reasons over the past how ever many months, one thing comes to mind - They are all EXCUSES!!!

None of them are valid reasons, none of them should of made me give up giving myself one hour a day to myself, to make me feel and look better!! Nothing should of made me want to eat the wrong type of foods, which would make me feel awful afterwards. It is all just reasons that should not of stopped me! Maybe slowed me down but not stopped me!

And food as well, we were flying along enjoying clean eating and it was working, we had energy and the weight was coming off but then we decided to try something new to speed things up or because its worked good for somebody else and the next minute you're back yoyo dieting, fallen off the food wagon!
Me 1 year ago - hitting the gym but not as far as I was a year before

Our list over the last 2 years looked like this:
- Juicing - this nearly killed us! A 10 day juice diet turned into 5 days as we were going to murder each other
- Paleo - now this worked (not as good as clean eating) but being BBQ season etc it was a good diet to try and never felt like a diet
- LCHF - a step from Paleo but a step to far for us - the lack of carbs and so much dairy just made us feel sick, bloated and to tired to work out
- 5:2 - this worked for energy and general feeling good but didn't seem to lose much weight
- we've even got so bad this year that we took to having shakes twice a day, despite knowing how bad this option was

I think the list is probably missing some more but yes it's a yo yo diet list for sure and we all know how badly yo yo dieting can affect your weight loss - It makes you gain weight!!!
A couple of weeks ago - me trying to start AGAIN!

So when I look back at the last 24 months and wonder what happened, what went wrong, why did things slow down, stop and start to go back the other way. I can see that there is no one else to blame, no excuse that makes sense it's just all on me and what matters the most!!
But I've certainly not undone all my hard work!

And it's time I put my health, confidence and happiness back at the top of the list...