It's been a long time...

Wow how has it been 9 months since I last blogged!!
Well to be honest I know exactly how it's flown by, my life went from one extreme to the other and back again so to speak!!

We came back from America in May last year and never seemed to bounce back to losing weight and working out. I ended up working from home and becoming quite reclusive! I hardly left the apartment and if I did it wasn't much further then round the corner to get my son from daycare and cooking food seemed like the last thing I wanted to do! Mix that with both of us or our son being ill, probably from the crappy food and lack of exercise - we ended up going backwards, putting on weight and getting more upset by our lifestyle choices.

We still kept each other motivated with everything else in life...

There is nothing worse then feeling like you are undoing all of your hard work but not having the energy or motivation to do anything about it! Just making excuse after excuse, why you can't do things or get back on track!
Then I had an amazing change in circumstances and in December last year I got a new job at a fantastic company and was back working in an office and no longer stuck indoors! But this still didn't spur the new/old/new me to come back fighting, to start working out or to eat better.

My new work picture

One: It was Christmas.
Two: I was getting used to commuting, working, being a mamma etc as it all seemed to be a real shift from working from home!
Three: I of course wanted to eat out at lunch to get to know my new team mates.
And Four: It was great to have excuses!!!

A busy Christmas...

All I kept telling myself was not to worry you can easily bounce back and enjoy your new changes. But then it was January, February etc and now we are in April! Of course as I have said before the beginning of the year is when we have all our birthdays and anniversaries so it just seemed to never be the correct time to start again!

Then a celebrative Birthday for me...

Now it is April and I have put about 20lbs (10kg) back on and feel awful! I try to tell myself that it is OK and not to beat myself up about it but I should! I should be angry at myself! I am further away from my goal now, not closer and that is so heartbreaking when you look at yourself in the mirror! But it still does not seem to be enough to get that buzz back!
I know that nothing feels as good as eating right, working out and loving the person looking back at me in the mirror but still I can not get back on track! Still I do not get up and get out and do something about it!

Back on the bikes this weekend

I just wish there was a switch to turn it all back on or that magical pill to help me get back to it! But there isn't and I have to tackle this head on and start again!
The one thing I can take with me though is at least I am not starting from the beginning again and if I did it then, then I must be able to do it now and it can not be as hard as it was when I was heavier...



Comments