How did I lose a year...

I came to the horrible realization the other day that I have technically lost a year when it comes to my fitness and I am devastated...

Basically this time last year I came to the realization that with only 2 months of the year left and 25lbs to go to meet my 100 weight loss goal it wasn't going to happen but I knew it was due to my hip rupturing, the rehab etc and it was ok I would move the goal a few months and get back on it - I was not going to let missing my goal get me down and I was going to power on and meet it soon instead...

Our son watching us run our 1st 5kn race this year - picture by @shazzer
WELL its 12 months later and I have 35lbs left to meet my goal!! Not going to happen this New Year either and I've gained 10lbs!! Now I know in the grand scheme of things I'm still 65lbs down and yes I am still very proud of myself for this achievement and I know only putting 10lbs on is a big achievement also for somebody slowing down there big life change, however I can not say hand on heart it was not due to bad options!!

I DID choose to be lazier this year, to treat myself more then I should of this year and to not try as hard this year! I really was convinced at the end of 2014 that 2015 would be the big one for me and it was in other parts of my life but not my fitness and to blame any of this on other parts of my life would just be a lazy excuse!

Don'rt get me wrong my confidence has still grown this year :) 
Reading this years other blog posts I have posted just show how much this year has been a struggle with losing weight and how I let it slip through my hands and used excuses to make me feel better!! But NO MORE! 2016 is going to be my year of scares! I want to do at least one thing every month that scares me, I want to hit my 100lbs weight loss goal - in fact I want to smash it and keep going until I hit my overall goal of about 140lbs total loss!!
I want to lift more weight, run further, faster, rock any outfit I choose and let my confidence grow more and more...

I don't want to be sat here in 12 months writing how I have lost 2 years and I am still no closer to my goals!! This girl is going to make sh*t happen in 2016!! Hubby and I had the worst 20's that going into my 3rd year of my 30's I am ready to make our lives ROCK!!! And I know he will be there next to me holding my hand through it all, just like he did when we ran our first 5km race this year!!

Hubby holding my hand and pushing me to finish our 1st 5km race this year <3 - picture by iForm Race

I am going to do this, I am going to set goals and Smash them and then set more!!!

Lets see how my blog goes next year and if I start making excuses - Point me out on them!!
And yes I know it is only the middle of November, that's why instead of waiting for the New Year or New Month or even a Monday - I am getting back on it NOW!!!


I have goals to meet...





Comments