It doesn't get easier...

Despite what people say fitness and losing weight does NOT get easier!!

Why would it? As you get smaller and closer to your goal weight and as you get fitter and can lift more weight or run further all you can do is do MORE to keep moving in the right direction!! 


I am a huge fan of Chris & Heidi Powell and Extreme Weight Loss and never really thought about the weight loss goals they set the contestants before but I sure do understand them now and that is that at the beginning they set a huge amount to lose and at each following stage it is reduce greatly. I now know because the closer you get to your goal weight the harder you and your body have to work to lose the extra pounds!!

When I was at my heaviest and first started this lifestyle change over 2 years ago now I managed to lose a lot of my initial weight just from changing my diet to a healthier one and not really doing much in terms of working out but lets face it from sitting doing nothing to just walking is a big change when you weigh so much, so it became hugely motivating to see the weight falling off, the scale going down, the clothes getting bigger etc...

But two years later and the weight loss has slowed down, the scales stops some weeks or even goes up the odd lb now and again and the clothes don't change as often! Especially when you include a bit of a "slump" in efforts (see previous blog)! And it SUCKS! It is so so hard to stay motivated when you kill yourself and workout 5 to 6 days a week to stand on the scales and see no change for the week!
But this is when you truly decide if you want it or not! This is when you decide if maintaining your new healthier weight is good enough or if you actually want to see how far you and your body could possibly go! And if like me you choose the latter, you have to be prepared to fight, cry and struggle!
It's going to get harder, the results will be smaller and less often and you are going to have to actually try that much more!!


I've realized that I'm not going to be able to get by eating 70% clean and working out 3 days a week this is going to have to be upped and I am going to have to become stricter! I am still not going to count calories as I don't believe that is a lifestyle you can maintain and I'm not in this for the quick "diet" fix but for life!!
So it's back to meal plans, one cheat meal a week, less alcohol, treats to a bare minimum and upping my workouts, weights and reps!!

Sometimes you just have to stop looking at the now and look at the how far you have come and let this spur you on to keep going!!

And sometimes you just have to ask yourself...









Comments