That A Ha Moment...

So you start off with it's ok its winter we don't need to workout so much. It's icy outside, I could slip, it's not worth the risk, I will go out next week when the weather picks up.
Then its somebody's birthday, a weekend trip, your birthday, Valentines Day, Easter, partners away, another friends birthday, hard week at work, personal emotional problems and soon its been 6 months and the ice went away a long time ago and its July!!!

Where we started!! Just never saw either of us like this!
You think back and wonder what on earth happened to the past 7 months and how have you not noticed! That's called life!! And to be honest I probably noticed in April that we hadn't got back into the swing of things but soon another two months had passed..

Luckily due to our healthy eating ways and what we have learnt in the past 2 years the fact that we haven't eaten as good as we were doing this past 6 months has just meant we haven't really put any weight back on, more just plateaued and I am grateful for that. All though I think the realization of having to get back on it would of come a lot quicker if I had started putting weight back on not just stayed happily at 70lbs lost :)

Least now when we say we haven't been eating great or been having lots of bad food that really only means carbs and lunches out (usually a salad or something carby) so not really our old eating bad ways of processed, fast, fake, sugar, bad fat filled rubbish! So that's why the weight not gone back on then!

Us now - July 2015
So why did we both finally wake up at 5.30am this morning and get back on track??

The A Ha moment!! The moment when I realized that when I ruptured my hip muscle in August last year that, that became our demise! It went from that, to winter, to Christmas, to the list of excuses and 7 months of not working out as much (if any)
So how was that an A Ha moment? Well I realized that because the rupture made me not meet my goal for the end of the year I found this made me relax and back off and not feel I needed to push myself because I had a really good excuse why I hadn't met my goal!!! So I let excuses take over my life and stopped working out!!
This realization came while talking to my husband the other day about why we couldn't get back into it and why we kept trying but could not commit like we had so much previously. And it hit me why...

Because we had been happily lying to ourselves! That's it! Yeah the injury had led to us slowing down but the excuses had made us stop and the lies let us stay stationary! Lying that we were too busy, that we had bigger priorities, that we couldn't make time for both of us to work out, that the work, life, parenthood balance was taking its toll - ALL LIES!!!
Nothing is more important then your health and its one hour a day (and that's if we gym, jogging is only 30 mins!) 4% of our day and we found every excuse to not be able to manage that!!
Realizing this just made me feel angry at myself but also lazy and motivated to get us back on track!

Our monkey <3
The food we don't need to worry about I know that because when you wake up in a morning and work out the last thing you want to do is undo that by bed time and you also feel so good about yourself you don't want to undo it either!
So yes it clicked, I realized my mistakes, I feel back on it and let me tell you, if you stop and then start back up again it is as hard as the first time you started so why put yourself through that time and time again, instead of just getting better and better!!

Me back on it this morning, after being out for a jog
I will set my original goals plus extras and I will get back on track, smash my goals and move on until that day I reach my ultimate goal of being healthy (doctor healthy) :)
And will I stop then? NO CHANCE!! I will keep striving and making new goals...





Comments