12 Months Later...

So the 1st July 2014 was the 12 month mark of mine and my husbands healthy lifestyle change and wow what a difference a year can make!!!

12 months difference
I am down 5 stone (that is 34kg or 70lbs)  and my husband is down 3.7 stone (22kg or 49lbs) in 12 months we have managed to completely turn our lives, health and happiness around and we haven't given up yet!!
When you do something all the time, everyday for 12 months it becomes your life, it isn't a diet, it isn't a chore it's now life and will continue to be forever.

It is so satisfying to know our little boy will grow up surrounded by healthy parents, a healthy lifestyle and a healthy attitude to life! He will see the pictures of how we used to be and the pictures of how we are now and will be in the future, he will have someone to take him to the gym or out running or playing whatever sport he wants and he will have parents who are confident and happy with their bodies and this will hopefully help him grow to have body confidence!!
I will happily answer any questions he has about it all and won't hide anything from him. If he wants to know how I felt at my heaviest or through school being bullied I will let him know, there is no reason to sugar coat it or lie as I would never wish for him to feel like I did!! A healthy body image is the best thing he could ever have, life's to short to hate your body and I am only just learning that at 31!!

These two <3
Don't get me wrong we haven't sailed through the last 12 months, there have been gains some weeks, there have been lessons to learn and there has been a lot of trial and error. The main one being that a "diet" or "restriction" does not work for me and my hubby, we need to stay constant instead for example a juicing diet in our household is a recipe for disaster and arguments with a binge feast at the end of it!!!
We have learnt that the more you tell us no and don't let us have something the more we want it and the more we will eat lots of it when we are allowed to once again and that is what brought us to now having one cheat meal a week so that we no longer have those binging moments and can continue to tip the scales the correct way!!

Love being in the gym and seeing results
I have also learnt how long it has been since I have looked at a mirror or a picture of myself and actually liked the person looking back at me! It is only now when I look (halfway through my journey) that I can actually say yeah I am looking so much better and get excited for the future!! I am certainly not only making my body healthy but my mind also and it is amazing how much I am learning about myself and how insecure I was!! A smile can hide a thousand problems!!!
When you realise you have been fooling not only close friends and family but yourself in to believing you were happy it is a huge learning curve and takes courage to approach and fix and it will take me many years to get there but I certainly am on the right track!!!

Me and My World
With a goal of another 5 stone to go I know it's going to get harder and more difficult to do but with the love of jogging growing everyday and getting excited when I walk into the gym or looking at recipes to make beautiful healthy food - I know I have got this and when you have a husband right by your side who won't be happy until he looks like The Rock you know the two of you have got this covered, that added with the support from friends and family really spurs me on more and more!!
 
I just cant wait to see where I am in another 12 months...

Exciting times ahead...



Comments