Independence...

Independence - the quality or state of being independent : freedom from outside control or support

Since becoming a mum and thirty I have really become focused on myself and also on how what I do and how I act will reflect on Aadi as he grows. With this in mind I have become very focused on making my life and his a lot better...

My husband and I have taken a massive step towards making a huge lifestyle change in which we can get healthy, fit and happy. We can't expect Aadi to grow up without body confidence issues if both his parents are full of them and also it would be our worst nightmare to not be able to run and play with him as he grows (who needs a parent who sits and watches you play because they are to unfit to play with you).

Also turning thirty made me decide now was the time to get what I want out of life and I want to finally like the person who looks back at me in the mirror and to be able to go to any shop and buy what I want, not what they have for me. I have gone 10 years plus hating my body I think it's about time I shut up and do something about it and finally enjoy life to the full.

Our new favourite saying
Hubby and I had long discussions about how to go about finally doing this after years of 'Yo Yo' dieting which did more harm then good and decided this time it had to be for good and it had to be for life - no fad diet that would work great while you did it but would take us back to how we are now as soon as we went off the diet or that would lead to health problems in the future. 
So a complete overhaul was decided upon and a plan of action was made.
We threw out all junk and white carbs from our apartment and wrote plans on what to do, what to focus on etc.. 


Don't get me wrong we are not now saints we still have a cheat day once a week and when recently in the UK we let it go out the window to an extent (but no where as bad as we used to be). We enjoy food now and cooking and going the gym. We support each other to get around having Aadi, we get out with Aadi and the dog as much as possible and we are so much happier.

So why start with the definition of Independence? 

Quite simply hubby and I love each other to death and I know that sounds silly but we live in each others pockets and it was about time we had our own space to grow and find ourselves. We should be able to go the gym without the other one or out with friends without silly text message arguments, be able to be ourselves and not just US.
Lets face it clingyness is not attractive and it's not healthy to give up everything and everyone for that one person. We won't love each other any less or grow apart if anything we will become stronger and it is working in so many ways already and it has only really been the last two months this has all become reality.


I can now go out with Aadi in the pram on my own, go out to 'meet up's' and make new friends, Fika with people I've met on Twitter, have girl nights out and go the gym and better myself alone. 
I feel like I have this whole new life in Malmö to embrace and constantly use my turning thirty milestone and becoming a mum to keep me going on my very exciting, life changing journey... 


Comments