Our ever changing lives...

SO in the past four weeks a lot has changed for both hubby and I. I have gained a bump and we have started to plan for our next big change in our lives. We are moving :)

Knowing how difficult it is to find an apartment in Malmö (well Sweden) as soon as hubby found out I was pregnant he gave himself the task of finding us a new bigger apartment, where baby would have there own room and we would have more floor space for baby toys and us.
Soon after hubby signed up for a few of the big name construction companies he had received a text to say he had been credited checked and was then called by one of the companies asking him to pick an apartment - what can I say we were really really lucky.

The new apartment is still in the harbour area and is a new build so I can not wait to move in and put my stamp on the place and get started on the nursery.

A question that will have to wait to be answered
Talking about the baby we had had many big discussions about finding out the sex or not and hubby had won by convincing me it was best to know so that we could buy all the right colour clothes and make the nursery gender specific. However bump ruined our plans when we went for our recent scan as they were to busy moving and crossing there legs to find out. We were both so gutted, we had both got into our heads we would find out the sex that day and when we didn't it was like Christmas with no presents to open. After both sulking for most of the day we started to talk about maybe it was a good thing we hadn't found out and that it would be a lovely surprise to not know until delivery when the doctor tells us (in Swedish probably).

So we were both happy to agree and think about our lovely neutral nursery we were going to design in the new apartment.
Such a clear and gorgeous day in Malmö

Malmö is wonderful in August there isn't a weekend go by without something being on or happening and it makes me fall in love with the city over and over again.
This weekend was spent in glorious sun watching my fave sport equestrian cross country at the Malmö City Horse Show, surrounded by big names, big jumps and big horses. All on the seafront and all free to enter.

One of the water jumps at Malmö City Horse Show
 We then moved to the Harbour where there was a Sailing Weekend on where you could watch boat races, take a sailing trip on board or just watch the boats going in and out of the harbour to then turn around and face the waterfront to watch Malmö half marathon runners, running past as they were on the final stretch to the finish line.
Just sitting on the board walk watching all this happening blew my mind, how crisp and blue the sea was, how warm and hot it was and how happy everybody was.... I felt like I was on holiday and it felt great to know that this was my life - to which my cheeky husband responded to by saying I was lucky he moved me here :)
Malmö Half Marathon Runners
So life is still very much good living and I can say I don't look back very often. I have my days where I sulk and wish my family were here (funnily enough on a Sunday, when craving a Roast at my mum's pub with the family there) but when I think of where I could be instead, what job I could have instead, the joys our neighbours used to put us through it makes me smile to see that karma finally gave us a break and is paying us off for all our hard work and misery we have been through.



Comments