Countdown to Christmas...


Well in reply to my last Blog Post of how cold can a Swedish Winter get - I still haven't been able to answer that as we are having a very unusual warm winter but I still reckon January it will come :)

Our Advert Star at Home
As for Christmas and how close it is my god I am excited and two things have made me so Happy and Excited for Christmas...


Candles in Gustav Adolfs Torg, Malmö
  1. Going Back to the UK to see my Family - it has been 6 months since I saw my Mum, Dad, Sisters, Nephews, Brother-in-Law and my Nan who hasn't been very well at all. Six whole months - my god that is one hell of a long time!! I can't wait to arrive at the airport and see who has picked me up and then back to Mum & Dad's for a Family Christmas!! I just want to see how much my nephews have grown and to cuddle and hug every member of my family so much :)
  2. Magical Malmö - My god I am in Love with my new city, from the end of November the town became Magical! Lights, Candles, Ice Skating Rings, Ice Sculptures, Christmas Markets, Glögg (mulled wine), pepparkaka (gingerbread), lussekatter (saffron buns), all other kinds of treats and goodies. Every window has a star or advent lights in and everyone walking round in their hats, scarves and gloves just adds to the magic...
Christmas Markets
Lussekatter

Fried Donuts

Christmas in Malmö has helped me to feel like I am finally finding my feet here and as if I actually do belong here now and I can see a Great Future ahead of hubby and me. I even passed a milestone this week, that I have lived in Malmö for 6 months :) and I got my start date to do my Swedish for immigrants Accelerated Course at Folkuniversitetets this week and I start the first week of January. My god its all coming together and I am Happy and Excited for 2012.

Ice Skating Ring in Malmö

I have spent a lot of the last month with friends (new & old) and spent lots of time talking to new people on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc and I can feel my independence coming back :) So next year I will be making sure I take part in a lot of the social activities that go on around here and seeing as much of Malmö and Sweden as I can. 2012 will be there year to spread my Swedish Wings :)
Also I can't wait to get my family over here and show them how amazing the city is and how lucky I am and try and convince them to come visit a lot more often :)

Christmas Cozyness and Skating
So all in all I have had a really good couple of weeks since I last blogged and I feel my Swedish Life is finally starting to take its shape. With Christmas round the corner and a new fresh year about to start, what's not to be excited about :)

Winter Park in Malmö
Merry Christmas and a Very Amazing New Year to all my Family, Friends & Readers xxx


God Jul och ett mycket fantastiskt Nytt År till alla min Familj, Vänner & Läsare

Comments