Sometimes you and your partner need to compete...

So 2 months after my last post, not much in terms of weight loss has changed but I have worked out a hell of a lot!!! 

After getting over my 4 weeks of being ill, I was able to get back into my PT classes and had to go through a couple of weeks of feeling like a new starter!! It is incredible how fast your body can undo your endurance and strength from stopping for whatever reason. And apparently, after 4 weeks off my body was no different. 

We were coming to the end of April and I was finally getting back into it and not feeling as much pain after every session as I did when I first returned from my illness. I looked at my partner and saw that the working from home, coronavirus, recovering from being sick etc way of life had really taken its toll on us! We wanted to eat good and workout but we just couldn't find a way to get our get up and go to come back.

So I decided to suggest a little friendly competition!! Whoever could work out the most in May would get an amount of money to spend in our favourite sports store and to make sure we both took it seriously our PT got involved and with we both didn't hit the minimum number of workouts, our PT got the shopping spree!

Starting the month with a progress picture

May is 31 days and it was decided that 5 days a week was a good ask, so the minimum was set to 20 workouts in May. With the following rules:  
  • only one workout a day can be counted. You can train twice but it is still only 1
  • a walk can only be counted if more then 5km and done within an hour
  • a run could only be counted if it was more then 25 minutes in time 
  • our PT is the final deciding factor of who wins 
So with 11 days of May left how are we doing?
15 out of 20 days worked out, so we seem to be on track! 

It's nice to be back running outside

And the best thing about it is that we haven't competed! We have actually worked together and carried each other along to make sure we both work out and do this together! Which shows me that when May ends and June begins, our new outlook and hunger to train will not stop, as it is more like a lifestyle change than a competition!  
We are working together and pushing each other to go further than our excuses and mentality would usually allow us to.

So has the weight fell off??? NO! Is the short answer. I am still the same as I was when I wrote my last blog in April 31lbs from my 100lbs lost goal. Why no change? We didn't change our eating habits to meet our training habits! It is true what they say 'You can not out-train a bad diet!'

I did enjoy getting dressed up for a night out

So I actually put on another 6lbs  before realising this and have managed to lose that but I now need to sort out the food and get my hard training regime to start working and counting for something! 
So the rest of May will be focusing on the remaining days of the competition but with added good nutrition and hopefully, some more lbs lost!

And plans for June are to keep the training as often as it is now without the competition aiding it and to also turn up the intensity now my body is used to how often I am working out. That with the added good nutrition, strictness and planning I hope to knock a good 10lbs off my 31lbs to go!! 



Comments