This needs to stop...

So it turns out as I log into this blog, that yet again it has nearly been a year since I last blogged and the excuses I blogged about then are still the same excuses I’m holding onto now plus more and more weight has crept back on.

I messaged a PT the other day and she asked me to email her an introduction,
After I sent her what I thought was a normal run of the mill email, she replied to thank me for how honest the email was. When I re-read my email and got my husband to take a look also, I saw she was right, I had put it all out there for a stranger to read. Everything about where I was right now and why I thought I was there. I actually shocked myself re-reading it how truthful I'd been and how at the time of writing it I hadn’t noticed!

The email read:
Hi ......,
I started following you on Instagram as I saw Jenny tagging you on a picture on there.
I basically started losing weight in 2014 and I was doing so well. In a year I had lost close to 80lbs and I loved it. 
I was clean eating 80/20 only 1 cheat meal a week and running 3 times a week plus the gym. I started off at ...lbs and I was desperate to get under ...lbs and I was getting close.
Then I decided to mix up my diet and started to yo yo a bit with paleo, LCHF, 5:2 etc and I think my body got fed up and the weight stopped going down. Then I popped my hip, I was out running and the muscle in my hip went and I had to rehab for 6 months.
I then struggled but stayed active and eating well but a vacation to America in the September of 2016 seemed to set off a spiral and I ended the year 20lbs back up and then I got a new full time job in December 2016 and ever since I seem to still be saying (12 months on) Im still getting used to my job and being a mamma.
I am now at ...lbs so another 10lbs up but I have gotten back running 3 times a week, only short run/walk intervals but getting longer jogging intervals each week. But the food I feel I am back to making good choices (not the best) but its been 2 months and I haven't lost anything!
I don't want to yoyo diet but I can feel myself looking for "easy ways" - milkshakes twice a day diet etc even though I know these do not work in the long run! 
I guess I am looking for a restart or my head setting back to where I was! 
Sorry for the long story :)”

It was a very open, honest email and reading it back even now helps me in a way see how the excuses can add up, slow you down and undo all your hard work. Nobody is to blame but yourself and to be honest I don’t think when other things in life take you off track of one goal while you concentrate on another, you shouldn't see it as a bad thing, that you are at fault and you have done wrong in some way!

Sometimes you just have to stop, evaluate where you went wrong or why and then choose which goals are the most important and come up with a plan to meet those goals. Having some short term and long term goals will help to keep you motivated and not feeling like you are only concentrating on just a couple of your goals and ignoring the rest!


Me three years ago 80lbs down, here to goals and getting to club100

For me it is time to put my health and me first! And it is about time I got back to where I was 3 years ago and this time to carry on and not let life undo all my hard work!!! I won't beat myself up (well not to much) and get no where with excuses. 
I will actually realise that this is getting me no where and it's time to make some changes and to make some new goals - this time sticking to them... 




Comments