3 Year Anniversary...

So the 1st July is a Big Day for me in terms of being a life changer!

I had seen the picture that would change my life forever at the beginning of June but because my husband and I were in the mindset that we used to be and had a trip booked to the UK for a family celebration we decided to have one final blowout in June and then start 1st July 2013!!

The picture that made me change my life
 I remember emptying the cupboards and throwing all the "bad stuff" away, putting motivational posters on the fridge, starting accountability on social media, taking a before picture, writing my first goal and weekly plan, which then developed into weekly food plans and buying some new working out gear to spur me to use my never used gym membership, that I had had since April 2013.

First day at the gym
To be honest for the first few months I didn't really work out that much, I walked a lot and pushed my baby boy in his pram and went the gym once/twice a week. Stopping eating so badly and thinking about the foods we ate dropped enough weight for me to be very happy and motivated to continue and then as the energy levels rose I added exercise to fuel the weight loss and health benefits.

Now any one who reads my blog or has tried to lose weight, be healthier etc will know it is not a one fix all situation that once you turn the weight loss button on it continues until you are happy and turn it off again (if only!!)
In three years I am still not at the target I set myself when I first started of losing 100lbs and this last year has probably moved me no where closer to that year with everything and anything that's happened plus good ole excuses!! BUT I am NO WHERE near where I was 3 years ago!!

The change in my husband is INSANE!!!!
At my 3 year anniversary I have lost 56lbs (4 Stone or 25kg) (probably much more if I added the up/down weight), many, many inches off my hips, chest, thighs and stomach, 3 clothing sizes down and my strength & endurance are so much more!!
But not just that I actually feel so much happier, energetic, healthier, I am now Medication Free, my skin is clear and glows. I actually am falling in love with the woman looking back at me in the mirror and I have grown up mentally so much more!!

Loving yourself means selfies!! 
I can play with my son, run along side him while he bikes and not be the mamma sat in the playground unable to keep up!
I've completed six 5km runs (two with my son, who's 3), I can lift more weight then I ever thought possible.

Completing the Color Run with Our Boy
I love food more now and can taste food more now then I used too. I hate sugar and surgery foods - milk chocolate is dead to me it is just too sweet and tasteless. I love to cook and create new things and I can see how a healthy lifestyle instills in your child's mind!

I'm not an angel and certainly not perfect, I haven't met my goals, I have binged, I have ate food and then cried at the scales because I don't understand why those two takeaways I had would result in putting weight on and I certainly haven't been the gym or out jogging nearly enough as I should of!!

But that is life and the fact I keep dusting myself off, trying again, failing and trying again, has taught me so much more and given me so much more strength, understanding and motivation then I think a magic wand would of ever done for me!!

Me now!! Not there but a hell of a lot closer!! 
Here's to a rebound, bounce back and hitting that flaming goal before my 4th year anniversary!!!...



Comments