New Year, New Me, Blah Blah...

I know, I know the title doesn't sound very motivating but its more a play on the fact I have been getting to say this for nearly 3 years now (2 years 6 months to be exact)!

But I do agree there's nothing like the feeling all that eating and drinking gives you over Christmas and New Year followed by a New Years Resolution to get you wanting to get back on track! Also with the added benefit of standing on the scales and seeing that Christmas really was the most Festive Time of Year!

My Halo slipped with the Clean Eating this December
So yeah this year I let my hair down, jumped on the "oh but its Christmas" bandwagon and simply indulged!! Food, Snacks, Alcohol, Sugar...
(to be fair I stayed strict and away from processed foods as much as I could)
But I did indulge to the point where I felt awful, had cracking headaches and dark chocolate tasted bitter!
Why is this a bad thing you ask that Dark Choc tasted bitter to me? Well I am lucky enough that my taste-buds change with my eating habits and chocolate is the best way to describe this. If I am consuming sugar then I can eat and enjoy milk chocolate, where as dark chocolate will be to bitter for me and I don't really enjoy it. BUT if I am eating correctly, not consuming much sugar especially the refined stuff then I love and adore dark chocolate and milk chocolate becomes this horrible, sickly, sweet stuff that I can not stand and make me feels funny!!! Pretty Awesome Really, it happens with a few different things but chocolate is the easiest to explain!

Yeah we ate far to much cheese and biscuits! 

So enough is enough and with the added insult from the scales once Christmas was over I used the New Year to shake things up and refresh my lifestyle!
So I sat down with hubby and we decided to go back to Strict Paleo for 30 days, see how we get on and then slowly reintroduce things to see how they affect our weight etc. So that's 30 days without cheese!!! I'm already scared :)
We love Clean Eating and really believe in the 70/30 method but I think to help shake up our weight loss we needed to be even more stricter and then slowly get back to Clean Eating once the goals were being met again! And of course exercise! I hand on heart haven't been the gym since before Christmas Week and outside jogging is probably a good month before that!! SO it's back on it and back focused! I'm going to see what races I can sign us up for to give us some goal dates etc and motivation!

We're still happier & healthier then we have ever been though!

So New Year, Newish Me! I've got my goals, I've got my goal dates, I have my partners in crime and let's see what 2016 brings our way!! And if I meet my goal weight by the end of 2016 I will do a Tandem Sky Dive!!! - It's there now for you all to hold me too!!!

But never forget to take the time to remember how far you have come already!! 

Keep Motivated and Keep Smiling...



Comments