Christmas, Birthdays, Anniversary's, Visits and Falling Off the Wagon...

So the beginning of the year has been a bit of a non starter in the weight loss department, well saying that I managed to lose the weight I put on over Christmas and New Year so I think that's pretty good going!! So now I'm pretty much back to where I was before the Festive Season began (my lightest in years) so it's all good really but I was hoping to be a lot further a long by now.
I was looking at my weight loss app this weekend though and I am the exact same track as this time last year with 3 months of going up and down and then back on track with a steady downfall so I am ready for the downfall to start April.


I do know why this trend happens yearly though and its not just Christmas! From January to the end of March we have Aadi's birthday, Kunal's birthday, my birthday, our wedding anniversary, Valentines Day and a few people usually come to visit us at the beginning of the year! So yeah apart from being really busy, we have many excuses to eat well, enjoy sugary treats and pretty much eat clean about 40/60 instead of our usual 80/20.
So yes I can see why we get into a rut but once April comes we have no celebration excuses till Christmas again (except for the odd birthday etc but nothing of ours)!! So yeah I wouldn't really call it falling of the wagon when I think about it but more of a day to day set back that we can work on :)


The Couch to 5K we had both been doing got stopped at week 6 (out of 8) when we went to my parents for Christmas and we stupidly never picked it back up! So beginning of April we are BACK ON IT and will complete it this time!!! (I will, NO EXCUSES) 3rd time lucky and all that but the 1st time I had to stop due to my ruptured hip, the second was our silly fault so 3rd time is a charm and it needs to be finished as we have rather a busy running schedule this year!
We have two 5k color runs, iForm-Loppet a 5k run outside our apartment, Vår Ruset 5K and a couple of FlexItPink Virtual 5K's. So yeah I should probably start thinking of ourselves as runners!!!
I'm thinking that we stay with our numerous 5k's this year and strength training and then who knows where next year will take us...


So 2015 the year we become real runners, lose more weight and get into fabulous shape!!
How Exciting does that sound!!!...



Comments