Winter Blues...

Since Christmas I have been hit by a huge wave of the Winter Blues...
Now I am not talking in life because having both my special boys birthdays in January really helps to start the New Year on a good note it is more with my weight loss I seem to have hit a wall.

I am still eating well and luckily haven't "cheated" on my lifestyle change to much, we have had a few more then usual evenings out or in but I have still managed to lose my holiday weight before the end of January so I see that as a huge achievement and we have also started using a company called MatHem who select recipes and send you all the ingredients to your home for you to make freshly cooked home food so this has been a big help to spur on the healthy choices while it is dark and cold outside!!

Our first home delivery of fresh foods
It is the getting out and working out I am struggling with, I have basically had the whole of January off from working out and now it's got to the point where I need to grab the proverbial "balls" and get into the gym or go for a jog before I get to the place where I never return...

It's just when you have a week off for Christmas and then try to get back into it with the nights being so dark and cold it is hard to find motivation. Also with hubby going in the morning to the gym, then off to work by the time he has got home, we have eaten and spent time as a family my only chance is to go when baby has gone to bed and by then it is cold, dark and I have eaten dinner and don't feel like doing anything but curling up on the couch and spending time with my hubby....

I want to go in the morning too but the gym only opens an hour before hubby leave for work so he has to rush there, rush back and go to work. So no option there until the lighter mornings come and the gym goes back to opening earlier or I can go jogging.

I do have one solution which I will be able to use soon and that is baby starts daycare soon during the day so until I hopefully find a job I can go the gym during the day and will have the bonus of the place to myself :) and get back into the swing of things before I have to start going in the morning or after work (fingers crossed)
One of our meals - I had never put pomegranate on my salads before but will certainly do so in the future

Suppose really I just feel like I am letting myself down even though I have tried so many ways to fit "me time" in but it's hard when you have a little one and wanting to spend time as a family as well. But I have my head in the guilty frame of mind and not the oh well frame of mind so I am still ok and can get back on track if I sort myself out quickly...

My Boys & Me - Looking happy and healthy

I have a lot of goals to reach this year so I need to just suck it up and start my journey towards meeting and beating them and I can't wait to see where I am this time next year...




Comments

  1. Hi Laura,

    Great post! I know the feeling, of trying to get back into a regime again, esp with the gym and exercise. BUT remember, if you want to loose weight, it's all about the diet. When I lost my first 6-7 stone it was all about the food, I didn't go the gym, run or do any exercise. So don't get too deflated when you miss out on the exercise :) I know everyone is different but I thought I would share my thoughts and findings I have found out thorough my whole weight loss journey. To get me motivated, I think back to how I feel when I left the gym and how proud I was that I achieved something new in the gym that day :)

    I hope this helps, keep pushing and don't give up. Esp when you have came so far..

    Pam X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and to reply.
      I couldn't agree more with you. I have certainly learnt that abs are made in the kitchen and excercise is an aid. It's just hard to remember that sometimes :)

      That is the best advice ever to focus on the feeling after leaving the gym because it is the best feeling in the world!!! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment