I'm a mamma to a 1 year old...

Thursday 9th January 2014 my little bundle of joy became 1 year old and I couldn't tell you where the last 12 months has gone to!! I can remember the day he arrived into the world like it was yesterday and all his milestones and trips to the UK but all the bits in between are just a blur!!

The day he was born
I'm still getting used to the fact I am a mamma let alone to think I have been one for 12 months!! Hubby and I talked the other day about how we should go on a date night to celebrate the fact we have survived the first 12 months of parenthood :)

The one thing that is more of a blur then the past year with our beautiful baby boy, is the life we had without him. I just can't imagine it, I can't imagine life without him or before him. Nothing means more to us then waking up in a morning and going into his room to see him smiling away ready to explore the new day. He's become our inspiration, motivation and teacher of what life has to offer!! He has taught us how quickly life passes you by and how silly arguments, worries you can't do anything about and stress are a waste of time and effort.
He makes me want to wake up and seize every day because he wakes up with wonderment in his eyes every morning and you can't help but soak some of that up!

How he has grown and changed over the year

I know it's all a bit soppy and positive but having our baby boy really has changed my life around and that of my husbands. It is amazing what a change of outlook and a huge change in your life can teach you! Why wouldn't I want to lose weight, be more positive, seize my life when I have such a gorgeous boy needing me to do so...

Yeah it's not all been plain sailing but I do agree with most I have had it very easy with such a good baby but my midwife is always the first to tell me that it is my husband and I who have created the chilled out, easiness of it all. She won't let me say it was luck because she wants me to see that it is us who have helped mould him to be such a happy, healthy, full of joy baby and I thank her so much for that, for making me know I am doing such a good job!
Don't get me wrong my family and friends have done exactly the same but sometimes a professional opinion makes it sink in :)

Celebrating his first birthday
All in all I wouldn't change my life for all the money in the world and the best thing to happen in my life (besides meeting my husband) was the 9th January 2013 when our baby boy came into our world and changed us for the better...




Comments