Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year...

I know it's a bit early but as I am spending Christmas with family this year I knew it was best to write my last blog post of the year before the madness began and the time flew...

Malmö's Candles displayed every year - Love these!! 

I'm so excited for Christmas this year mainly because it is my little boys first Christmas but also I believe it's the first year I truly get what it's all about. This year is the first year I don't care what I get or how much money is spent on me, I just want to be with my family, see the children enjoy the magic and sit back and take it all in.

I want to see Christmas from everyone else's eyes and enjoy the happiness it brings to everyone. I don't care about the material side any more and it has actually resulted in no stress between me and my partner this year - panicking that we've bought the perfect gift or if Christmas will be ruined by disappointment!!! 
We have been able to find each other something meaningful and then focused the rest of the Festive Season on our baby, family, friends and of course the amazing festivities of Malmö.

And even knowing that my Christmas Day will be spent in a hubbub of activity as my parents restaurant is filled with customers all celebrating Christmas having there food cooked for them, I'm looking forward to the atmosphere and the family day we will have the next day.

Carousel in the centre of Malmö
2013 has been such a huge life changing year for me and I have learnt so much and grown up so much that I can not wait to embrace 2014!! I have hope it will be a year where I finally settle down into a career and get the final tie tied in feeling Malmö is home by having a job, which will result in me gaining some independence back and feeling I'm here for me and not just hubby & baby.
Hubby has a very exciting, busy year ahead in his job and we have a very busy, exciting year to look forward to together...
We can't wait to see how much our baby boy changes, grows and all the new things he will (and us) discover - his first words, his first step (which may come before 2014), his first day at Kindergarten, it's going to be so magical!!!

Our little boy meeting Santa (Tomte) with Pappa
My fitness and weight loss really feels different this time and on reaching my first goal of 3 stone (which is 19kg or 42lbs) this week, I am going into the new year a changed women who can not wait to see where I am this time next year and what goals I have reached. Whether that be from reaching them strong, falling a few times and getting back up or from readjusting, I know I will get to where I want to be someday!! 

Will I behave over the Festive Season?? I'm only human and will of course partake in the seasonal drink and food but I will keep myself in check and I have learnt so much about what food to choose, portion control etc that I will hopefully keep myself from destroying my first big goal!! However with that said Christmas comes but once a year and the only way you can stay on track when going through such a big healthy lifestyle change is to reward yourself and not constantly say no to treats so yes I plan to eat far to much on the day :)

As I go into 2014 I have high hopes for a very good, busy year with more growing and changing. I have many goals for 2014 but more on that when I write a post Christmas/New Year Blog....

Our Gorgeous Boy - wishing you all a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!! 

Merry Christmas to Everybody who has read my blog this year and supported me in my huge life changes over the past few years. 
Happy New Year and All the Best xxx



Comments