Run up to Christmas & staying on track...

So the dark nights and cold weather are trying there hardest to make our healthy lifestyle suffer. The food side of things is not taking to much of a change as it's such comfort food but the excercise side has started to suffer a lot!!

Getting up first thing in a morning seems to be a thing of the past and hasn't been helped by the gym we use changing there opening hours, so hubby can only get in an hour before he has to be getting ready to leave for work so there is no chance for the two of us in a morning any more and by the time he gets home from work it's so dark and cold the idea of me leaving my boys to go jogging or to go the gym really doesn't sound like a good idea...

Also Christmas in Sweden (like most places) is full of wonderful festive treats and it's so hard when out and about not to participate in the festive goodness too much and gingerbread being my favourite food is not the best as this is Sweden's main flavour at Christmas time.

Me after my first ever jog feeling great and very proud of myself
I haven't put any weight back on and both me and hubby threw a lot of clothes away the other week due to how big they had become so it's still all working and going the right way but I want it to stay like that and not start to undo all my hard work just because it's Christmas!! 
I know the best thing to do is continue to workout at home so I don't have to worry about the cold and dark but I had just started jogging for the first time in my life and it makes me feel so good and so proud that I want to continue with that. So unfortunately because I can't, it seems to be making me do nothing! I know it's a bump in the road but I need to work out how to come out the other side and back on it!

The pile of clothes that had to go!
Having my partner by my side and him doing this with me is a huge help but we are very good at 'convincing' each other to have a treat or to stay indoors and have family time so it is one thing we both need to toughen up on and kick into touch. 

We're going back to the UK for Christmas week and staying at my parents pub so we both know how much of a struggle that's going to be to stay good, when it is so easy to have all the tasty home comforts that will be on offer. So we need to be back as a strong team before we get there. I'm not planning to be a complete saint as it is Christmas but I do want to make sure the scales don't make me cry when I get back home.

Swedish Advent Stars - love these in winter so cosy & beautiful
However Malmö at Christmas means beauty and magic so with the festive lights being switched on this weekend and all the lovely Christmas markets that will be on over the next few weeks least we will not be wanting to stay indoors but be out in the magic of Christmas and walking, which is always a great start to getting back on it.... 

Merry Christmas, God Jul and enjoy the Festive season responsibly :) 

Comments