Spring, UK Visit, Family & Friends...

Since getting a lot off my chest in my last blog post I seem to have turned a corner and felt a lot of weight lifted off my shoulders.

Also to make things even better Spring has arrived in Malmö and it is nearly as beautiful as Summer but being here nearly 12 months now I have loved every season and thought Malmö is beautiful with each one that comes. It's so hard to not love this place and I really don't think that feeling will ever wear off.

At the airport getting ready to go back to the UK

I had a week in the UK recently as my mum and dad had been married 40 years and my sisters planned a surprise vow renewal for them at the church they were originally married in and on the same day both of my nephews were christened so missing the day was not an option.
Obviously it being a surprise I had to hide away at my sisters house so my parents wouldn't find out I was there and question why. I had to go most of the week without being able to post on Facebook etc and it was like hell :)

Being in the UK was fab and really refreshing, being there to support and help my sister in the run up to the big day was great and the quality time I spent with her, my brother in law and nephew was so precious.
The big day soon arrived and we all got up early, dressed in our best and headed down the M6 towards Shropshire.
We all arrived at the church and waited for my sister to arrive with my parents. We were inside the church when they arrived and when my mum and dad walked in to a church full of family they hadn't seen for ages emotions were very high and when they both saw me there it felt great to of been there and to of enjoyed such a great day.

My Gorgeous Family xxxx

We did the vow renewal first and then followed straight after with the christenings of my two nephews, both of the boys were fantastic and sat through the whole thing really well and while they were being christened they didn't put a foot wrong, they were little angels.
We then went on to a restaurant that my nan and granddad had had there gold wedding anniversary celebrations in and it made it even more special.

I spent the next day with mum and dad and then it was soon time to return back home. The next few days I was homesick and miserable, just felt like I hadn't seen my parents enough but I realised it's only natural to miss everyone and not to beat myself up about it so much and hopefully it will get easier even though I never want to not feel upset about leaving everyone.

Arriving back, Malmö seemed to have changed so much within that week, flowers everywhere and of course with Easter being this weekend multi coloured feathers on branches were decorating the streets and shops and the sun mixed with snowflakes falling just captured my heart all over again...

Happy Easter / Glad Påsk

I've spent this last weekend out every evening with friends for birthdays, house warmings etc and it just made me realise my family may be in the UK but I have a really good group of friends waiting for me here, when I do come home...

As to what is next here for me, well I start my new job on Tuesday so big things ahead :)

Yummy goodies :)

Comments